CONCENTRATE OF PROTEINS AND RECOVERY AGENTS
WHEY PLUS is a sports supplement of whey proteins whose ingredients are a concentrate of whey proteins obtained by cross-flow membrane filtration processes which permit a concentration of the proteins without denaturising them, and the isolate of high purity, high digestibility, soy protein obtained from non transgenic soy.
WHEYPLUS as well as having a high content of low molecular weight protein micro fractions, which improve protein and iron absorption, provides a high percentage of high quality proteins.
The most important advantages of WHEY PLUS are the following;
- Provides high chemical index proteins and a very low percentage of fats and lactose.
- Is a sports supplement that contains l-Glutamin and ZMA that aids in muscular recovery and growth.
- Apart from providing low molecular weight protein micro fractions, contains biologically active lactoferrin, lacto-albumin and glycomacro peptides
- Has an antioxidant effect due to the amino acid l-Cystine content, which improves the synthesis of glutathione. It also provides Vitamins E and C, Zinc and Selenium which complete its antioxidant effect and are necessary for improving muscular recuperation.
- Good assimilation due to its great digestibility and Vitamin B6 content, which is necessary for correct intestinal absorption.
- Its richness in Branch Chain Amino Acids, making it an ideal sports supplement when you want to augment muscle mass or muscular regeneration and recuperation.
- WHEY PLUS is readily soluble, it dissolves very easily and has a delicious flavour when dissolved in water. It is the ideal sports supplement to improve your sports nutrition.
DOES NOT CONTAIN ASPARTAME. CONTAINS MEASURE.
RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSAGE
Dissolve 2 measures (60g.) in 300ml. of water or milk twice a day.
AMINOGRAM PER 100 g. OF PROTEIN:
ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS:
L-LEUCINE: 8,2 g.
L-ISOLEUCINE: 4,5 g.
L-VALINE: 4,6 g.
L-PHENYLALANINE: 3,8 g.
L-METHIONINE: 1,4 g.
L-LYSINE: 7,0 g.
L-THREONINE: 4,9 g.
L-TRYPTOPHAN: 1,1 g.
BIOAVAILABILITY = 100
PROTEIN MICRO-FRACTIONS. PORCENTAGE OF TOTAL PROTEIN:
BETA – LACTOGLUBULIN: 25,3 %
ALPHA – LACTO-ALBUMIN: 9,2 %
IMMUNOGLOBULIN G: 1 %
GLYCOMACROPEPTIDES: 8,7 %
BOVINE WHEY ALBUMIN: 1,9 %
LACTOFERRIN: LESS THAN 1 %
NUTRITION FACTS (per 100g.)
Energy: 383 Kcal.
Proteins: 75 g.
dry matter: 78,5 g.
Carbohydrates: 13 g.
Of which sugars 0 g.
Fats: 3,2 g.
Of which saturated: 2,3 g.
Fibre 1,2 g.
Sodium 0,45 g.
NUTRIENT CONTENTS (per 130 g.)
Glutamine: 650 mg. Phosphorus: 481 mg. Calcium: 221 mg. Magnesium: 217 mg. Vitamin C: 80 mg. Vitamin B3: 16 mg. Vitamin E: 12 mg. Zinc: 10 mg. Iron: 8,1 mg. Vitamin B5: 6 mg. Vitamin B6: 1,4 mg. Vitamin B2: 1,4 mg. Vitamin B1: 1100 mcg. Vitamin B9: 200 mcg. Biotin: 50 mcg. Selenium: 39 mcg. Vitamin B12: 2,5 mcg.
Container with 1.000 g. powder form.
Container with 2.000 g. powder form.
FLAVOURS: Chocolate, strawberry and vanilla.
WHEY PLUS 100 1.000 g.: 34,50 Eur (VAT included)
WHEY PLUS 100 2.000 g.: 59,90 Eur (VAT included)
It contains products derived from milk and soy. May contains traces of gluten.
OTHER INFORMATION OF INTEREST
Sports supplements with sweeteners. Sports supplements should not be taken as a substitute for a balanced diet. Sports supplements should be kept out of reach of children. Do not exceed the daily recommended dosage.
The appropriate dosage should be from 2 to 4 30g, that is one measure from the dosifier, doses/shakes of the product per day. On the labels the doses are concentrated because of the difficulty that many athletes would have in dividing such intakes up.
Why are ISOWHEY 100 and WHEY PLUS better than other proteins on the market?
ISOWHEY 100 and WHEY PLUS have the following characteristics which are different in comparison with other sports supplements:
- The percentage of protein that is shown on the labels, in fact, you can check on our web site www.powergym.com where you will find the analysis which shows it.
- The Chemical Index of these supplements is very high and, along with its great digestibility, the quality is superior.
- We use proteins that have hardly been denatured at all in our sports supplements. They contain important biological protein micro-fractions that are very important for athletes. These influence or improve immunity, protein and iron absorption or muscular growth.
- They are protein sports supplements that are very effective and also very complete, something which differentiates them from the majority found on the market, they contain l-Glutamine, ZMA (Zinc and Magnesium) and antioxidants like vitamin C, E or selenium which improve regeneration and muscle growth and recovery.
- Solubility is very good, they can be dissolved in a glass of water with a spoon and, even more importantly, they are very easily digested.
- Our sports supplements don’t contain any dopants, proof of which is that a sporting organisation with the renown of the C.A.R. – Centro de Alto Rendimiento (High Performance Centre) in Sant Cugat, Barcelona, Spain, uses them for energy supplementation for their professional athletes.
Do ISOWHEY 100 AND WHEY PLUS have to be taken after training to be effective?
What is clear from recent scientific studies is, for protein synthesis to occur after exercise (recovery period) proteins or amino acids and insulin need to be present. After exercise and for the rest of the day, our organism needs a high aminoacidemia (level of amino acids in the blood) to recover and increase muscle mass effectively.
Why are the market prices of proteins so different?
The production process, the origin or protein source, the actual protein percentage, its aminogram and the absence or presence of undesirable substances (fats, carbohydrates, mineral and metallic traces etc.) all determine its qualitative and nutritional characteristics, such as digestibility, level of denaturalisation, solubility and flavour, chemical indices and presence of micro-fractions.
All of these factors affect the quality and price of a protein sports supplement.
Much of the time cheap, low quality proteins, don’t adequately meet the nutritional dietary needs of an athlete.
It is important to source products from reputable suppliers with good references which can provide security from doping substances in sports supplements. With these sports supplements you can improve your sports nutrition.
What are low molecular weight micro-fractions and why are they important?
Low molecular weight micro-fractions, or bioactive peptides, are short sequences of amino acids or peptides which are inactively hidden in a protein and which can be released to act as physiological modulators during the digestive process, either locally in the intestine or systemically.
These bioactive peptides are only present in lightly denaturised proteins such as those contained in ISOWHEY 100 and WHEY PLUS.
These protein micro-fractions can biologically affect the metabolism, the optimisation of physiological functions and performance. Some of these peptides can improve immunity, antioxidant capacity and thus muscular recovery, protein absorption, iron absorption or muscle growth.
Do ISOWHEY 100 and WHEY PLUS increase uric acid?
No, those proteins that increase uric acid are those that which contain the the existing cell nuclei in cells coming fro foodstuffs such as meat and seafood.
Foodstuffs which tend to result in uric acid production, are those that contain cellular nuclei, which is where you can find RNA and DNA with nitrogen-based purines of the Adenine and Guanine nucleotides.
The (exogenous) origin of uric acid comes from the metabolic degeneration of the purines contained within foodstuffs. The proteins contained within ISOWHEY 100and WHEY PLUS don’t include purines so they don’t produce uric acid.
Can ISOWHEY 100 and WHEY PLUS be used to reduce body fats?
Yes, especially ISOWHEY 100, which contains significant levels of micro-fractions called Glucpomacropeptides which stimulate the secretion of cholecystokinin (CCK), a hormone produced in the small intestine which, among other things, control the ingestion of foods.
A strategy for sports nutrition which can be very effective for athletes who want to reduce body fats is to have an ISOWHEY 100 shake in combination with a vegetable dish during the evening meal
What quantity of proteins can be eaten in the diet?
A belief exists that high protein diets result in kidney and liver problems, that they increase cholesterol and the excretion of calcium etc. The truth is that a high protein diet in athletes with a high demand for this nutrient and especially if a part of these proteins come from clean sources, that don’t contain saturated fats, nor cholesterol, nor purines which can increase uric acid don’t cause problems. Not only that; protein rich diets have been studied under close medical supervision and for controlled periods for the reduction of body fat in overweight subjects without resulting metabolic problems. Quite the contrary, they improved triglyceride and cholesterol levels and helped to reduce fatty deposits, both internal (fats related to the organs) and the external deposits, those visible at first sight.
In the case of athletes who have an intense physical regime, protein demand increases substantially when we need to achieve a good recovery and even more so if we are aiming for an increase in muscle mass. In these cases ingestion can be as much as 2 or 2.5g per kilo weight per day.
Which supplement should I choose; ISOWHEY 100 or WHEY PLUS?
Although ISOWHEY 100 and WHEY PLUS contain the same source of proteins, they do have some differences which mean that ISOWHEY 100 is a better protein-rich sports supplement, above all for its protein purity, its extremely low levels of fats and carbohydrates and its greater micro-fractions content, it’s not in vain that it is the sports supplement recommended by the C.A.R. - Centro de Alto Rendimiento (High Performance Centre) in Sant Cugat, Barcelona, Spain.
WHEY PLUS can also be an option fort those athletes who don’t demand such a high concentration of proteins in their diets.
|Energetic value:||383 Kcal|
|Of which sugars:||0 g.|
|Fats lower than:||3,2 g.|
|Which saturates:||2,3 g.|