PROTEIN BAR: POST-EXERCISE RECOVERY
PROTEIN-RICH SNACK BETWEEN MEALS
We have known for a long time that recovery is one of the basic pillars of training. In addition to helping prevent injuries, proper recovery will allow us to maintain the pace of training we want in an efficient and safe manner. And numerous studies have also shown that right after exercise our metabolic receptivity (the so-called metabolic window) is particularly active. Therefore, if we seek an optimal state of recovery after exercise, the best advice is to replace, above all, carbohydrates, and proteins just after finishing our training or competition.
That is why at POWERGYM we have designed our PRO-BARS: THE MOST COMFORTABLE, FASTEST AND EFFECTIVE WAY TO RECOVER FROM ANY KIND OF PHYSICAL EFFORT AND TO IMPROVE OUR SPORT NUTRITION.
In addition, you can take them between meals as they contain 35% protein.
Our PRO-BARS are a sports supplement that also provide the necessary carbohydrates to recharge our glycogen (energy) stores, and high-quality protein to regenerate our muscles.
But in POWERGYM we have gone further and to guarantee a more than optimal organic recovery, we have added to our PRO-BARS a series of essential nutrients, among which we highlight its importance:
- Leucine: optimal doses of this amino acid, which most stimulates the regeneration of muscle fibers and acts by initiating the synthesis of muscle proteins.
- Vitamins and minerals: provides Vitamin A, D, C, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B5,B6, B9, B12, Biotin, Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium and Iodine in ideal amounts for the nutrition of the sportsman especially after physical effort.
RECOMMENDED USE: Given the usual dehydration after exercise, it is highly advisable to take the PRO-BARS with at least 300 ml of water.
RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSE: Take 1 bar after exercise or as a snack between meals for an extra supply of protein. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per bar, 50 g):
- Energy value: 691 kJ/165 Kcal
- Protein: 17.6 g
- Carbohydrates : 13.7 g
- Fats : 5,6 g
OTHER NUTRIENTS: Leucine, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Biotin, Zinc, Iron, Copper, Manganese, Selenium and Iodine.
ALLERGENS: Contains soy and milk. May contain traces of gluten, egg, peanuts, other nuts, sesame, sulfites and/or derivatives thereof.
OTHER INFORMATION OF INTEREST: Sports supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet. With sugars and sweeteners. Sports supplements should be kept out of the reach of children. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose of sports supplements. Excessive consumption can have laxative effects.
FORMAT AND NET CONTENT:
- Individual bar (50 g)
- Display box with 16 bars of 50 g each (800 g)
- Dark Chocolate
- Hazelnut and Dark Chocolate.
PRICES (Vat included):
1 bar: € 1.96
Box of 16 bars: € 30.40
- Jordi Rabassa-Blancoa, Imma Palma-Linaresa. Blanquerna Faculty of Health Sciences, Ramon Llull University, Barcelona, Spain. Effects of protein and branched-chain amino acid supplements on strength training: a literature review. Spanish Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Asker Jeukendrup. Practical Guide to Sports Nutrition. Tutor ed. 2011.
- Delavier F, Gundill M. Guide of food supplements for sportsmen. Editorial Paidotribo 2010.
- Palacios Gil de Anuñano N, Manonellas P, Blasco R, Franco, Gaztañaga T, Manuz B, et al. Consensus document of the Spanish Federation of Sports Medicine (FEMEDE). Ergogenic and nutritional aids for people who do physical exercise. Arch Med Deporte. 2012;29:1-80.