RELIEVES MUSCULAR CONTRACTURES
MAGNESIUM PLUS VIAL is a liquid magnesium supplement. Magnesium is a macromineral that participates in numerous chemical reactions in the body and is naturally present in foods such as sesame, oats or almonds.
Powergym Magnesium vials incorporate different sources of magnesium in their formulation for better absorption and superior bioavailability, containing magnesium bisglycinate, magnesium chloride and magnesium citrate to optimise magnesium absorption and improve the speed of action.
Why is Magnesium important for athletes?
Magnesium plays a crucial role in muscle relaxation and contraction, plays a part in energy metabolism, is necessary for protein synthesis and also in the mechanisms of cell division. Magnesium helps reduce fatigue and tiredness and contributes to our electrolyte balance by improving muscle recovery after exercise
Why do Magnesium levels fall in athletes?
Exercise causes a decrease in Magnesium due to losses in urine, sweat and the reduction in plasma Magnesium which occurs when the pH decreases with an increase in lactic acid.
Lactic acid is produced in our metabolism as a product of glucose metabolism to produce energy. The increase in lactic acid concentration occurs when muscle energy demand exceeds the availability of oxygen in the blood. The accumulated lactic acid then causes an acidification of the surrounding muscle environment, inhibition of muscle metabolic enzymes, the onset of fatigue, decreased efficiency of muscle contraction and a failure of the contractile system.
In sportsmen the needs for magnesium are greater and reduced levels produce increase in muscular cramps, reduction of stamina, weakness and an increase in irregular heartbeat.
- Prevents muscle damage and joint injuries.
- Improves performance by reducing the feeling of fatigue.
- Increasing agility and flexibility.
- Improves the assimilation of other vitamins and minerals, such as calcium or vitamin c
- It has an essential role in obtaining energy and in the nervous system.
- It helps in the repair of tendons and ligaments.
FORMAT AND FLAVOUR:
- 25 ML VIAL-LEMON FLAVOUR.
NUTRIENT CONTENT (per Vial 25 ml):
- Magnesium 250 mg, Potassium 300 mg, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin D3.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Take 1 vial a day.
OTHER INFORMATION OF INTEREST: Food supplement. Sports supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet. Sugar-free. Sports supplements should be kept out of reach of younger children. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Asker Jeukendrup. Practical Guide to Sports Nutrition. Ed. Tutor. 2011.
- Delavier F, Gundill M. Guide of food supplements for sportsmen. Editorial Paidotribo 2010.
- Palacios Gil de Anuñano N, Manonellas P, Blasco R, Franco , Gaztañaga T, Manuz B, et al. Consensus document of the Spanish Federation of Sports Medicine (FEMEDE). Ergogenic and nutritional aids for people who do physical exercise. Arch Med Deporte. 2012;29:1-80.Magnesium and Physical Activity:227-237 Parthenon Publishing Group London, UK (1995)
- Med Exerc Nutr Health 4:230-233 (1995)
- Sports Nutrition: Minerals and Electrolytes:179-187 CRC Press Boca Raton, FL, USA (1995)
- Int J Sports Nutr 2:154-164 (1992)